STOP® Overview Events
STOP® for Supervision
STOP® for Supervision focuses on:
- Regular spontaneous safety observations and frequent scheduled safety observations to note safe and unsafe actions and conditions. The program enables discussions with people about safe and unsafe work practices. Participants apply their new skills to formal observation at the end of the program.
- Everyday safety as well as observing. Participants work on developing their observation and communication skills throughout STOP® for Supervision, to make safety a part of regular operations, not a special event.
- Conditions as well as actions of people, safe and unsafe
- Communication about safety every day, not just while observing
- An educational approach that encourages thinking and reflection, rather than learning through repetition
Important STOP® for Supervision Concepts include:
- All injuries and occupational illnesses can be prevented. This is a frame of mind, a way of approaching safety that means there is always something that can be done to prevent injuries.
- Supervisors and team leaders are responsible and accountable for the safety of their employees. Safety is just as important as production, cost, and other business issues for which supervisors and team leaders are responsible.
- Seeing Safety. This means becoming so attuned to safety that a person automatically notices it wherever he or she is. Also called "Making safety second nature," this mirrors the way DuPont employees are sensitized to safety.
The education approach is the "three-legged stool" used in all STOP® offerings:
- Individual self-study, through workbooks
- Review/workplace application activities
- Group meetings, in which participants view the videotapes, discuss concepts introduced in the workbook and videos, then apply the concepts to their workplace
STOP® for Supervision uses methods that are thought provoking and interactive.
Content and Materials
STOP® for Supervision program components:
- Implementation Assistance Workshop
- DVD with Kick-off and 5 Unit segments
- Workbook with 5 Units and Refresher
- Starting to See Safety: Personal Protective Equipment
- New Ways of Seeing Safety: Positions of People & Tools and Equipment
- Enhancing Your Skills: Procedures, Housekeeping and Reactions of People
- Conducting Formal STOP ® Safety Observations
- Administrator Guide
- Leader's Guide
- Discussion Aid CD
- Observation Cards
- Observation Checklists
- STOP® for Each Other eLearning Courses
- STOP DataPro®
- STOP® Assessment
Contact us for more information.